Achieving Optimal Health and Wellness – FOXOLIFE Blog

Achieving Optimal Health and Wellness

We all want to know the secret to a long life. But what if the secret is already within us? At FOXO LIFE, we believe that the key to optimal health and wellness begins in the cells. That means in order to reach your potential—mentally and physically—we first have to take a look on the inside using the Science of You.

At FOXO LIFE, we study molecular biotechnology and epigenetics. The latest scientific research has proven that genetics only determines 30% of our longevity, while our daily habits and environment make up the other 70%. Although your longevity is influenced by your unique genetic makeup and lifestyle, we know there are certain things that can positively impact how your genes and the environment talk to each other, possibly leading to a longer, healthier life.

We focus on the four pillars of daily living known as the FOXO 4: Mind, Mouth, Muscle, and Money.

MIND – Methods for Optimal Health and Wellness

The mind is a powerful mechanism that sends signals throughout the body. Our thoughts, nutrition, and physical activity all impact our biological response to the environment. Practicing mindfulness on a regular basis has proven to be a successful method for promoting holistic wellness.1 Mindfulness practices include:

  • Meditation
  • Body Scans
  • Breathwork
  • Mind Puzzles & Mental Exercises
  • Sleep

MOUTH – How to Live Longer by Feeding our Bodies Optimum Nutrients

The quality of fuel we ingest determines if we will be at our best mentally and physically. If we eat junk, our biological systems will struggle to operate at peak performance. If we nourish our cells with nutrient-dense foods, our bodies will function like well-oiled machines. Start by avoiding processed ingredients and opting for minimally processed natural foods that come from the earth. Fueling our bodies with optimal nutrition can also help to prevent cellular dysfunction, the death of cells, and even chronic illness and disease.

MUSCLE – Moving our Bodies to be at our Best Mentally and Physically

Science continues to show that exercise is pivotal in cell rejuvenation and overall longevity. Movement of the body detoxes our cells, repairs the body, promotes positive immune system responses, and ensures that cells receive the oxygen and energy they need for optimal performance. Dedicate at least 30-60 minutes a day to rigorous body movement. 

MONEY – Financial Stability is Crucial as We Learn How to Reverse Biological Aging

At some point, we all wonder, “how long will I live?” As science begins to reveal how to slow down biological aging and add years to our lives, we need to ensure we have the financial stability to sustain those additional years. We only get one life and one legacy, and money is a tool that can provide us and our loved ones with the resources to live a long, healthy, and happy life. That’s why it’s critical to build wealth and protect our assets—so we can afford to seize each day as if it were our last while being equipped to sustain a long and healthy life.

If you want to learn even more about achieving optimal health and wellness, grab your free 5-step guide to optimizing your cellular health. It gives you easy, specific, tangible steps you can start today to improve your cellular health and ignite your longevity genes.


1. Alterations in Brain and Immune Function Produced by Mindfulness Meditation
https://journals.lww.com/psychosomaticmedicine/Abstract/2003/07000/Alterations_in_Brain_and_Immune_Function_Produced.14.aspx